• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

skinny iggy

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
k when i first got my male beardie's iggy and max were slightly under weight but healthy looking when i got them from their previous owner's. ive had iggy since feb. and max almost a month and a half but now they are looking noticably thin. i keep weighing them and giving the water every day and their weight is good but they look like they havent eaten. only thing is i know they eat well and get all the vitamin's and calcium they need. is there something im over looking? what can i do to get them healthy looking again?

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
no they are seperated. iggy and max both have their own tank all to themselve's the only one's i have in a tank together are my girls

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As long as they are eating & do not have a lethargic behavior, everything should be fine. Some dragons have a more rapid growth rate than others depending on diet, genetics & overall health. Keep monitoring the weight of your dragons & keep us posted.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
im starting to think he is getting too clod. i checked the temp this morning and it was too low. any way i can fix that?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
im starting to think he is getting too clod. i checked the temp this morning and it was too low. any way i can fix that?
What sort of lamp are you using for his basking light & what size UVB Tube are you using. I use a 60w normal house hold spot lamp which keeps the basking spot at a steady 110 degrees and a 12.0% 30" UVB Tube and all mine eat fine with this set up.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he's eating normally. i just dont get why he isnt gaining weight. i use an 18" uvb tube and a normal 100w light buld for lamp's right now till i can get to the store for a new basking bulb or heat rock.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he's eating normally. i just dont get why he isnt gaining weight. i use an 18" uvb tube and a normal 100w light buld for lamp's right now till i can get to the store for a new basking bulb or heat rock.
If you still worried it may be worth a trip to see your vet just to get him checked out and make sure everything is ok.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Please dont use a heat rock its bad news. The 100w bulb should be fine if your basking area is around 110 i wouldnt bother buying those expensive basking bulbs. How long has he been eating normal and not gaining weight it could be the cause of a parasite wich will require a vet.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he's been like this since i got him in feb this year. he did gain a few gram's when i started giving him pinkie's more offen for a couple week's then i didnt have to money for pinkie's for a bit and he lost what he had gained. he wont seem to gain anything past his current weight which is in the 385-395 gram range last time he was weighed. he look's smaller than that tho. FYI iggy is 5 yo

Latest posts