• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size question..

Pixel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok, so I know that all beardies are different, and they will grow at their own rate...but Pixel seems to be staying so small. at 10 weeks he was 17.5g and was 7" from nose to tip of tail, today, at 17 weeks he is only 35g and 10" nose to tip of tail... Everything I have seen about average beardie growth says he should be near 50g and 14-16" n-t. I guess he just isn't growing as fast as I thought he would, everyone elses seem to grow up in a matter of a few months. Or maybe I'm just impatient to have a big ol' fat beardie boy?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yip, just like everything he will grow in his own time. He may go slo just now, but then take a spurt where he just seems to have grown overnight. You just have to be patient :)

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine was a wee little thing, then one day, just started "jumping up" in the length. You can see the faster growth rate through the amount of times that they shed over a period of a few months. Gobi went from almost weekly (as a hatchling) to about every three weeks (now is 9 months old almost and just over a foot long from snout to tail tip).

Latest posts