• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size of the beard?

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know why some dragons have big thick beards? 2 of mine have hugh beards and one has a very smooth beard. I have never seen anything writen on this.
Just curious and thanks in advance
Heres a couple pics
spike.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-4.jpg

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
Well there looks to be a good bit of weight difference between the 3, the first one being quite "stuffed". Also, have you checked for a sex difference between the dragons?

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, 1st and 3rd pics are males, 2nd is my baby girl. Weights 1st is 685 grams, 2nd 560 grs, & 3rd is 430 grams. But the first 2 have always had very think beards even when they were young

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am also curious about beard size. My first beardie (a male) had a very small beard and the beardie I have now (also a male) has a very large beard with big jowls and it keeps growing! Maybe it is just determined by their genetics? Mine also has a little dangly throat pouch that makes his beard look bigger.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think those beards are absolutely gorgeous!! That first picture of your daughter(?) and the beardie is way too precioius. And he sure is a chunky monkey!! Wish my Spike would wake up from brumation and g-r-o-w!! What do you feed them that they are so big and healthy looking? Spike is a runt!! :D

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats my Grandbaby, she LOVES the dragons, has to hold them as soon as she comes in the house. She is holding my Spike, he loves hornworms and superworms, also turnip greens. Those darn supers will sure fatten up a dragon :D

Latest posts