• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size and Weight

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
I've just been wondering where I can get a good scale to weigh my beardie. I saw some small ones at walgreens and some very large ones. Also what some of you use to measure. I've been using measuring tape.

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have the digital one from Wal mart, I think it cost $ 19.97. When I took them to the vet, he got the same weights as I got, so it must be pretty accurate

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I have the digital one from Wal mart, I think it cost $ 19.97. When I took them to the vet, he got the same weights as I got, so it must be pretty accurate

The one we use is also a $19.97 from Wallyworld too. It's accurate and has a nice sized glass platform that Mungi will readily sit on and that is very easy to wipe clean.
Most any tape measure will work just fine for measuring your dragon's length. The key is to have you dragon relaxed and laying flat which is not that difficult or it may also help to have another person assist you. For instance let your dragon get comfy laying on your chest( most will lay flat against you.) and have the other person measure him with the tape. Easy enough:)

Enjoy!

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
To test your scale to make sure it measures correctly just weigh a nickle in grams and a nickle weighs 5 grams :) I have a postal scale.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I guess I'll have to pay walmart a visit.
I've been meaning to keep a track record of size and weight for my dragons just to have some kind of "medical" record.
Thanks a lot.
I kept a track reccord of one of my beardies from the day i bought him till he was fully grown. I marked what he ate every day and hit length and weight in grams. Its good to have a reference and also just a neat thing to look at. I also took a picture every other week of him next to a quarter its cool to watch them grow!:)

Latest posts