• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

size and health advice please

syrup

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there! new dragon mum here!
So i got my central boy 4 days ago from a pet shop that said he was around 6 months old... he'll eat crickets but salad is a big no no. the second night i had him he regurgitated some crickets but has been eating them since with no issues.

I'm sure his diet is out of whack because of the stress of the change but is it worth getting a vet to check on him?
He's kinda scrawny looking so i was looking at other 6 month old beardies online and he seems a bit small. He's 29 cm long, his head is 2.5 cm and his belly about 3.5 cm.

i was wondering if this was a normal size for a 6 month old central or if i may have been sold a pygmy by mistake... or if hes sick/younger than they said?

is it worth taking a faecal sample to the vet and getting him checked out or should i wait a week or so for him to settle first?

thanks for the help:)

this is Syrup
20200601_182934.jpg

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
How is your bearded dragon doing now?Bearded dragons normally do not eat their veggies when they are younger which is fine since their diet should consist of mostly insects. I would say your bearded dragon is around 4 months not 6 but it is good to get multiple opinions.

Latest posts