• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Silks vs Cricks - The proof is in the VIDEO

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it still there ????????? Oh maaaaaaaaaan... if I close my eyes.. maybe just maybe it will go away...
Loved that !

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Rex is the direct opposite now. I feel your pain on that one, Rex's reaction to silks was almost the same. But he hates crix too. He only likes roaches and supers.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yip, really funny. I just had to share my frustrations and words just didnt seem to do it for me.

LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know it is frustrating. Piggy has started doing that to crix, If I close my eyes then they will go away. Look at it this way, crix are cheaper then worms (at least here in the states, not sure about there)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Look at it this way, crix are cheaper then worms (at least here in the states, not sure about there)

Well that depends. If you have to buy them, yes cricks are cheaper.
BUT
I had the silks anyway so theyre FREE, and I have about 300 Adult cricks ATM and another 300 varying in sizes from pinheads to medium. I breed them (kinda but not like full scale)

The only good thing is now that she has passed the 1 year mark she only eats 5-7 cricks a day (somedays she wont eat any) So I dont need that much. Its just everyone talks about how important VARIETY is, and she wants none of it. Even her salads are BORING.

ATM I vary different mixes of the following

Endive
Mustard
Rocket
Lucerne
Parsley

And thats IT - BORING

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea I think the variety cheerleaders have good intentions but it does not apply to all bearded dragons. Rex only cares for dubia or supers at the moment. Going to see if he will eat repti worms soon to try and see if rex really does like "variety".

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well that does change things if the worms were free. That really stinks. Maybe if you keep trying she will come around. Prob not b/c she is the pickiest of the picky eaters around here. You are so patient, kudos to you for that

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Justus85 said:
Yea I think the variety cheerleaders have good intentions but it does not apply to all bearded dragons. Rex only cares for dubia or supers at the moment. Going to see if he will eat repti worms soon to try and see if rex really does like "variety".

my guy won't touch Crickets and sometimes ignores roaches, but put any of the worms in front of him and he freaks out and eats as much as you give him.

Fliehigh

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today I gave the silks atry again, same reaction, then it occurred to me . . the cricks mainly get fed out of her JAR, but it wont work for silks so I improvised and put 11 HUGE silks in a clear glass bowl and put it next to her salad bowl.

The minute I turned my back, she was off, and gobbled up 3 HUGE ones. LOL

Who knows, maybe its a start

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is a great video. Funny how all beardies are different.
You don't hand feed him all the time do you?

Latest posts