• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick baby girl

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey all. Hoping to get some advise on what to do with my girl Echo.

About 2 weeks ago now I came home to her staring straight up almost arched right back. Freaking out I took her straight to the vet. They said it was stargazing. They gave her meds kept her over night and I picked her up next day. With no change.

So took her home put her in a separate enclosure. And have been hand feeding her calcium supplement and pedialyte. And by hand feeding I mean having to open her mouth and squirting it in.

The very next day home from vet she stopped the stargazing and hasn't done it since.

She now is extremely lethargic and still won't eat. I feed her every morning and night and baths everyday to keep her hydrated.

She's in a 10 gallon tank with a 10.0 reptisun Uvb and 100 Watt basking bulb. 105-110 in basking area 85+ in cool side.

I don't know what to do anymore vet basically told me to give up. But she's part of the fam and can't just quite on her...........
When we first got her
uploadfromtaptalk1390323299175.jpg

Her stargazing
uploadfromtaptalk1390323354134.jpg

This is her now
uploadfromtaptalk1390323408917.jpg

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Her enclosure
uploadfromtaptalk1390323543017.jpg

And supplement I've been using
uploadfromtaptalk1390323574546.jpg

The vine is higher than in this picture now. I have a feeling that she was sick from day one when I got her. I got her and a other one from a lady and the other one died. I don't know cause.

Please any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I also have another beardie in a 20 gallon enclosure that's health and doing well. But is going to the vet for a check up as she was with the other one for about 4 days before all this happened.

This is Jade
uploadfromtaptalk1390323779644.jpg

And her enclosure
uploadfromtaptalk1390323805038.jpg

Thanks.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I am trying to google Adenovirus because a search for 'stargazing' came up but I can't get anything to load..try looking it up?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've done a lot of research on this. And am at a loss as to what to do. Vet gave me some more meds to try. Pumping her full of the jumpstart gave her a nice belly.

Now after first day with this med she looks extremely skinny.

Ugh........ But still keeping up with force feeding. I hope she comes around. Will post updated pic tomorrow....

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Ok. Yeah I havent replied till now cuz I just didnt have a clue what to say. Good luck with your baby- fingers crossed for success

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow thats sad. Im so sorry. You gave it your best try and thats all you can do.

Latest posts