• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Baby bearded dragon

Dragon Newbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
Hoping anyone has some advice, I have 2 bearded dragons I purchased from a local petshop, One was very small when we got him, and was told he was "the runt, who just came out of the hospital tank"
He did ok, but always ate a bit slower than the other, and never shed, white the other shed almost weekly, and grew very fast, I Separated them, in fear that the smaller one was getting bullied (though I seen no signs of it) He was starting to be outgrown by the other.

I have him in a exo terra glass tank, I have a 150 watt Ceramic heat Emitter for the evening, and a 150w basking light for the day time, and recently introduced a reptisun t8 10.00 uvb bulb (this is new)
hot side is around 110 cool side around 80.
He is about 3 months old now, and has stopped eating completely, becoming very thin, and weak, brought him to an exotic vet last Monday, and she was able to force feed him a little bit of some critical care, gave us some to take home with us, and told to try to soak him 2x a day and feed him with an Eye Dropper, we tried to bring a stool sample in, but My wife accidentally put it in the freezer instead of the fridge.
we soak him and have to hold his head up, and he never opens his eyes anymore, very hard to get him to open his mouth to feed him.
Any suggestions, or is there anything I might do to get him to eat again?

Latest posts