• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I be concerned?

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My oldest beardie has recently started showing his spine quite a bit here recently. Is this something I should be concerned about? If so, what is the cause and how do I fix it? Nothing has changed in housing or eating. Any advice?

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Idk about weight, I have to buy new scales. He doesn't look skinny tho. He is almost 4 years old. His last shed was about a month ago, but it was his head only. His last body shed was over 2 months ago. He eats like a pig, I soak him 2x/week. I would say his spine started showing about 3 weeks ago. It hasn't gotten any worse or any better since I noticed it. I'll post pics of him shortly!

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
This is Skynyrd
IMAG0807.jpg

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hard to tell from that pic. doesnt really look like anything to worry about. please get those scales as weight monitoring can be a huge factor in determining if there are problems with a dragons health.
he's a handsome little devil:)

LParkey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you! Is the spine showing just normal in some or is it normally an issue? Will try to get better pic.

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I can sort of see his spine sticking out...but I wouldn't worry too much if he's acting normal and eating normal.

Latest posts