• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shopping Day!

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Today is Beardie Day for shopping. I have to go to both the pet store and to the human store for the little goober.

I need mustard greens and some zucchini and maybe even some yellow squash. Then over to the pet store for some super worms, crickets and MAYBE even his every-3-week treat, a Madagascar Roach.

Needless to say, hubby is feeding Gobi that nasty-looking roach. I can barely stand to look at the thing.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Is this whaty you call a squash? we call them either summer squash or yellow squash
spaceship_squash-fritters_vegetable.jpg

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No..That's not the one. Lemme see if I can find what I was talking about. It is yellow, and a "squash", though.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok.... i've not seen one of those before.. oh the other name for the one i posted is a button squash. Well, yoda likes them and i hope they're okay for him And see this one l worked out. You guys call it a squash we call it a pumpkin
butternut-squash.jpg

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL! We call that a squash! Pumpkins are orange and round and used for Jack-O-Lanterns at Halloween!
**Can't believe I never thought of giving them zucchini though!! There is always too much zucchini in the gardens!!

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Today is Beardie Day for shopping. I have to go to both the pet store and to the human store for the little goober.

I need mustard greens and some zucchini and maybe even some yellow squash. Then over to the pet store for some super worms, crickets and MAYBE even his every-3-week treat, a Madagascar Roach.

Needless to say, hubby is feeding Gobi that nasty-looking roach. I can barely stand to look at the thing.
I had to go for Bok Choy today. Little booger won't eat Collard Greens!
don't blame ya on the roach! i would make my boy feed those! I only feed crickets when he is home because they always get away from me! I wont' touch the darn things so he has to come running and catch them!!

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have also given him butternut squash, as well.

I had to go for Bok Choy today. Little booger won't eat Collard Greens!
don't blame ya on the roach! i would make my boy feed those! I only feed crickets when he is home because they always get away from me! I wont' touch the darn things so he has to come running and catch them!!

Try getting a duster/shaker at your pet store to dust the crickets, then just place the cup in to the cage and he will nab them suckers when they try to come out of the dusting cup.

Plus if you have a "Kritter Keeper", then shake the crickets in to the duster, via the provided pipes.

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Missy, you make it sound so easy! I think you have to realize that the crickets we have here are all evil little critters and they are all out to get me!! :D
Sometimes i do like to toss a superworm on the floor (hardwood) because it's a race to see who gets to it first; the dragon or the shih-tzu!! Funny as can be cause the dog won't eat it-she just swats it toward the dragon!
for whatever reason though, they still race to get to it first!!!

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Lmao, that is too funny about the crickets out to get you, sooo funny , because I feel the same way! To you guys just chop the veggies or puree them? Cause my 4-5 month old won't touch any of it! How old is you guys beardie?

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Under 6 months I suggest finely chop with a chopper. Over that, you can get a bit more coarse. And even more basic chopped veggies in a coarse way as they grown in to adulthood.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yoda is betweens between 7-8 months and l still finely chop. I get worried about apple and bean getting stuck

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
nope, l don't give Yoda worms as the only ones l can get at the petstore are meal worms and l won't feed them. I am going to buy some supers online when l save up.. which is hard when l am spending nearly $30 a week on crickets.. think l need to start breeding them

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Krickets are a pain to breed ive tried it a cpl times without any luck if you get it down let me know how you did it.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
gotta do something, Yoda is going to put me in the poor house.. He eats like there's no tomorrow.. but he's part of the family, l wouldn't deny the kids something if they were hungy so i can't deny yoda :)