• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sheldon's Tank

SheldonTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
My lizards tank is 55 gallons and includes a basking rocking, a hammock, a log, and his food and water bowls. The average temperature of his tank is around 88 Degrees. Is there anything I can do to improve his tank?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
A pic wud help a lot :) wot bout a cool shady spotbto hide? My beardies both have a little sand pit :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Up his temperature from 88 to 100-104. For beardies to properly digest their food, they need good heat.

Take out his water bowl because water bowls add more humidity and are a cause of respiratory infections. Water can be spritzed on their greens, giving them a fresher and more inviting look to them, and calcium supplements are needed, depending on the age. (Calcium and Calcium with D3 is important factor in keeping the beardie's bones healthy. Add a multivitamin as well to their greens.)

A great UVB tube light 10.0 is best for dessert conditions. Beardies need this light to absorb the D3 and it also helps them keep MBD away. This is a painful disease and can kill them. I would use a ReptiSun 10.0 to go across the tank.

If your temperature in the house falls below 65 degrees, a Ceramic Heat Emitter is needed to heat the tank up at night. This way, they can be warm and not cold. Being too cold can cause problems.

Latest posts