• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

Brittany

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I haven't seen my 2 year old beardy shed in quite some time, do adults shed? Or once they get a certain size do they just stop shedding?

I give all my beardies regular baths (weekly or so), so perhaps that's why they're not shedding properly, I see skin come off in the water each time.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Dragons will shed when they get older but i does not happen as often.

My guy will shed in pieces now and really only about 2 times a year.

Brittany

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Cool, thank you! I haven't seen my big guy shed in at least half a year, but as I said, every time I put him in a bath the bathwater gets full of dead skin.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
batheing them actually helps the shedding stage, sometimes my guys have trouble shedding but once theyve had a bath a day or so later they will shed nicely...zuko also sheds in parts, first he will do his back legs, then his front, then head n tail last body lol, strange..my two older 1s r 10 months and they used to shed all the time but now only once in a blue moon, say every 2 months if that

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
nah they need a couple baths a week to keep them hydrated n it does help them shed n it keeps thier skin healthy, just some certain beardies do have trouble sheddin, go to ur local pet store and buy some reptile shedding aid.. its a spray u can spray on thier bodies to help bring the skin away from thier body easier, its really good i used it once wen i borrowed some off a friend, really good stuff, i deffo recommend it :)

DougT

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
both my vivs have a shallow dish with water all the time usually changed twice a day. Both my year olds love to swim,(and poop),in their little ponds

Latest posts