• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay I've read many places that shedding for bearded dragons happens in sections. I've noticed that with Jethro. But what I've researched the most is that it usually starts at the head and works its way down to the tail. However, I must have a backwards dragon. Jethro starts shedding at the tail and works his way up. Anyone else have a dragon that sheds like mine does?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
mine just started to shred i noticed he started on his back feet and legs and the base of his tail that is where it stops at at the moment

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The couple times Worley has shed since I've had him he started differently. One time he started with his back the time it was his back legs and feet. I figured as long as he's healthy it don't matter what sheds first.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's true, as long as they're healthy that's all that should matter, I just thought it was interesting, lol.

Pixel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My guy is only shedding his front left leg and his tail today.. He is a weird one lol

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol this last time it started with the tail. Then his back legs, and then front legs. Last was body and head :)

Latest posts