• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I am wondering how often young bearded dragons shed? Specifically Juvinile age. Pancake is estimated to be 7-9 months, I think closer to 7 months bc of his length measurement, he has grown in the last few weeks we have had him but has not shed yet. Im just wondering the span at this age between sheds. I just want to make sure its normal and he is healthy.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I am wondering how often young bearded dragons shed? Specifically Juvinile age. Pancake is estimated to be 7-9 months, I think closer to 7 months bc of his length measurement, he has grown in the last few weeks we have had him but has not shed yet. Im just wondering the span at this age between sheds. I just want to make sure its normal and he is healthy.
Dragons shed at different periods -as they get older they do slow down as they are not growing as fast -- please go over your UVB and the humidity in the tank --- you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank - this helps w/ them shedding- optimal humidity is 40-50% you dont want under 20 and over 70%

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons shed at different periods -as they get older they do slow down as they are not growing as fast -- please go over your UVB and the humidity in the tank --- you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank - this helps w/ them shedding- optimal humidity is 40-50% you dont want under 20 and over 70%
The humidity varies throughout the day in his tank never goes under 20% or over 50%. With the warmer weather last couple days its been right around 40-50%. We also mist him everyday and he has a shallow water pool in tank. Maybe hes just not ready to shed yet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The humidity varies throughout the day in his tank never goes under 20% or over 50%. With the warmer weather last couple days its been right around 40-50%. We also mist him everyday and he has a shallow water pool in tank. Maybe hes just not ready to shed yet.
UVB is extremely important here -- over all health is relied on this --- including skin / scales -- what is the humidity at night ? and are you using a digital hygrometer or analog- analogs are off

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
UVB is extremely important here -- over all health is relied on this --- including skin / scales -- what is the humidity at night ? and are you using a digital hygrometer or analog- analogs are off
UVB id reptisun 10.0 t5 mounted inside the tank. we are using digital. Humidity at night is in the 40% range.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok sounds good --- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor-- humidity is good then ---- hes gonna shed when he needs to--

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok sounds good --- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor-- humidity is good then ---- hes gonna shed when he needs to--
Okay that is good to hear and yes he has a basking rock I measured it is 12inches from light.

Latest posts