• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

Jesterhat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, quick question about shedding my boy Leo is shedding right now not a big problem but do you guys help them or let them do it in there own I have a bit ocd so seeing it hanging off his back makes me want to get it off him but I don't want to hurt him or will it not hurt him I not sure so any help is greatly appreciated

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, quick question about shedding my boy Leo is shedding right now not a big problem but do you guys help them or let them do it in there own I have a bit ocd so seeing it hanging off his back makes me want to get it off him but I don't want to hurt him or will it not hurt him I not sure so any help is greatly appreciated
Resist the urge to pick lol it is really hard to leave it be but you can hurt them and the scales below if it's not ready to come off... Now what you CAN do is offer more warm soaks and with a childs toothbrush (extra soft) you can gently brush in the direction of the scales to help.. For stubborn stuck shed you can add pure aloe (you can get it at walgreens/walmart types) ...... If the shed is clearly safe to come off that's ok as long as it's not attached

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Speaking of sheds; Ody is going through another; and he's rolled:

Back
Head &......
Front left arm...........

Lol they are so funny; even their uncontrollable sheds; it's so random...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Gosh, I remember when mine were little it was head body tail, then just when the tail was almost done the head would start again! Now it's a toe here a tail tip there LOL!

Latest posts