• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

shedding question!!!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
hey all!!! so my beardie is bout 10 months old. he hasn't shed 4 the past 2 months now & i'm beginning 2 worry cuz i kno that's not normal!!! other than that he acts just fine, temps r 100 on hot side during day, 80 on cool side. he eats all his veggies/greens/fruit like he shud, phoenix worms as well. i dust calcium powder every other day & multi vitamin powder once a week on his salad. he poo's regularly...every 2 ta 3 days. give him bath's once a week & mist him b4 i leave 4 work & after i get home. he seems alert as always, doesn't seem 2 bask as much nemore either. he moves about his vivarium regularly, but doesn't bask as much as he use 2....do u think maybe it cud be a parasite problem? i keep his vivarium clean, clean it & everything in it once every 3-4 weeks. ne suggestions wud be very much appreciated!!!! thanks every1!!!!

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons will go through growth spurts. If his temps & diet are in order I wouldn't worry. Do you know his length & weight?

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
his length is 16 inches long, when i checked beginning of last month. don't know his weight tho...but he's definately not under weight lol! he's a fat butt, hense the reason i named him fattie :) he's never went this long w/out shedding tho, kinda worried.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons go through growth spurts & will shed less as they get older. Keep monitoring his behavior & doublecheck lighting.

Latest posts