• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding question

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is shedding and going CRAZY. He is glass dancing, rubbing on everything, running in circles, he even fell off his basking spot trying to stop the inching. I gave him a couple of extra baths today and that seemed to help. How much bath time is too much? Other then that is there anything I can do to help him. I also covered his viv tonight at lights out to help calm him down and he went to sleep faster than normal, thank goodness.

Thank you all for answering all my crazy questions I have had.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
mine usualy get no more than 10 - 15 mins only cos by then they done their business in there, where do you bath him cos if its big enough put a towel in there with him so he can rub against to loosen his shed

paul

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Daily baths for 15-20 minutes can help relieve the discomfort. Basking helps too.

Are you leaving the UV on at night? Dragons need complete darkness to get a good night's rest. A good schedule would be 14 hours lights on and 10 hours lights off.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Rough edges of say a house brick will also assist in helping that shed.
While in the bath, you can help loosen the old skin by using a soft toothbrush ( I use a baby tooth brush for first teeth) to gently brush against the old skin to loosen it..
Hope this helps out !
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Rough edges of say a house brick will also assist in helping that shed.
While in the bath, you can help loosen the old skin by using a soft toothbrush ( I use a baby tooth brush for first teeth) to gently brush against the old skin to loosen it..
Hope this helps out !
Janie
I will have to pick him up a tooth brush to try to help him

Renee said:
Daily baths for 15-20 minutes can help relieve the discomfort. Basking helps too.

Are you leaving the UV on at night? Dragons need complete darkness to get a good night's rest. A good schedule would be 14 hours lights on and 10 hours lights off.

He gets a bath everyday but yesterday he got 3 because it was the only thing that seems to help.
I turn out all lights, basking and UVB at night. He is on a 14/10 schedule. I covered him last night because he was attracting the attention of the cat with all the running and jumping and that was only making him stress more having the cat looking at him.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
He gets a bath everyday but yesterday he got 3 because it was the only thing that seems to help.
I turn out all lights, basking and UVB at night. He is on a 14/10 schedule. I covered him last night because he was attracting the attention of the cat with all the running and jumping and that was only making him stress more having the cat looking at him.

Ok, cool. I misunderstood and was thinking the UV was on all night. ;D

Latest posts