• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding concern

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
My bearded dragons back has looked like this for a week and a half now, when will it start peeling?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 72

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Try soaking daily to help loosen the shed, if that doesn't help get Zoo Med Repti Shed, you spray it on them as opposed to putting it in their bath water. It works wonders!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mouth you can rub with a baby toothbrush. Is it stubborn shed on eyes and ears? If not it should come off on its own. If it's really stuck maybe gently rub with a moist q-tip?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Nice long warm soak then stoke the face gently with a soft towel soft toothbrush. But dnt pick it u can damage the skin underneath. Just a gentle rub to help :)

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Ok thanks guys! We've been doing baths everyday it is very stubborn and very thick shed! It was originally his whole head and most came off from her rubbing it off herself in her hut! Then we tried to help her with the rest we bought a soft bristle baby tooth brush and after the bath a gentle rub over it ! My only concern is at the very tip like above her mouth is so thick ' I will try th qui tip tho see how it works thank s

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Oh wow so I can basically spray it on the Quitip and put it on her face ? That's amazing I just don't want to hurt her ! Ok so u may have noticed I wrote him in one sentence then her in another ! We thought she was a boy this whole time lol just found out he is a she lmao ! Oh goodness my poor Lizzie lol

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh wow so I can basically spray it on the Quitip and put it on her face ? That's amazing I just don't want to hurt her ! Ok so u may have noticed I wrote him in one sentence then her in another ! We thought she was a boy this whole time lol just found out he is a she lmao ! Oh goodness my poor Lizzie lol
Spray directly onto the beardie..... Than rub in with your fingers.... Do this once a day every day until issues resolved...... Than the next time you see signs of shed. Spray whole beardie and rub on.... It really helps and keeps skin nice and moist

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Omg thank u so much ! My son is picking it up today ! Poor girl keeps trying to rub her head on the tile in her Viv so cute tho
Yea they will do that to get off the shed. It's itchy to them. Issue is though sometimes the shed is stuck or not ready to come off, so they end up taking it off with some good scales and then get sores.... This spray makes it very moist and really does work and help. I use it on all my beardies and now chameleons to aid in the shed regardless if they need it or not.... Makes the shed alot better and minimal stress to our beloved pets.

Latest posts