• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding again

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Slyder is going for the record on how many times he can shed in a short time frame. He is going into his 3rd shed in just 5 weeks. He just finished shedding 3 days ago and now he is starting all over again.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup growing very fast. He has already shed under his chin and the top of his head and tail have ghosted already. He just did his back and legs last week!!! Interested to see what color he turns this time since every shed he has changed colors, maybe more orange?

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I used to love watching my babies shed when they were smaller. Now that they are older I have one that thinks she is dying when she sheds. Thank goodness, it's only once a year for her. Semi is the same age and sheds a lot. Jada also hates shedding so I think it's a female thing. lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The first shed he did when he finally started growing, he acted like it was painful. He would run wild around his viv. He would run into the glass and spaz on his stick to the point of falling off. I felt so bad for him but now he is fine. Just rubs his face and belly.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
All 3 of mine are shedding something somewhere. I too feel bad for them. Petrie is shedding on his head in a weird way and Yo's mouth, jaw, and spikes on one side are all soft, greyish.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shedding=growing=Good

Yeah I also feel sorry when Pogie sheds. She runs and rubs against everything, then when you approach she looks at me with an expression of "HELP"

So far she has shed 6 times since 20 March. . . the last time was last week and now her upper arms and back are that weird grey tone. Her face and chin shed yesterday, getting to be this beautifull orange colour around the ears.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A good soak always helps a shed.

Yeah she had a nice one this afternoon. Also tried the toothbrush trick, she loved it. Tilted her head side to side so I could reach all the corners LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just measured him and he is 13 1/2. On May 2, he was 12 5/8 inches. Little booger is catching up on his growing fast!!!! Seems to be slowing a little, he was growing an inch a week for a couple of weeks but looks like he is slowing a little.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, so the face and back and belly are done, now the arms and legs are grey.... Going on shed no 7 LOL

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it makes you feel better... all 4 of mine are shedding too.. Grumpy butts !

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Staylor, hows the shedding on your end? Just wish I could see all P's colours for 1 day with no dullness. People are saying shes shedding so much cos I feed her TOO MUCH. Gmpf . . . How is that possible, shes got catching up to do . . . .LOL

So far she has shed 6 times since 20 March. . . the last time was last week and now her upper arms and back are that weird grey tone. Her face and chin shed yesterday, getting to be this beautifull orange colour around the ears.

THEN

OK, so the face and back and belly are done, now the arms and legs are grey.... Going on shed no 7 LOL

NOW,

Legs and arms almost done, a few bits still left, and Guess what . . . . The face is dull NOW . . . . Shed no 8 OMG

Latest posts