• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding again?

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1396192275435.jpg
her poor nose!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not so very normal. But - not bad! He just be growin!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
They tend to shed in parts of the body rather than the whole thing. Wen u say sheddin again do u mean same part?

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She was completely done shedding 2 weeks ago. And when I woke up today she was shedding again.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's not bad. My little one is in constant shed. Tail, legs, face, body, when that's done it starts all over again!

Chrisw

Hatchling Dragon
No worries. Totally normal. When mine was a juvenile, I felt like he would shed once a week. It was crazy. He ate a lot and few fast though.

hey where's Perry

Bearded Dragon Egg
I noticed that when Perry is shedding especially around his head he will scratch his face against a piece of wood in his cage. I also soak him in a warm bath which really seems to help the rest of the skin come off

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I noticed that when Perry is shedding especially around his head he will scratch his face against a piece of wood in his cage. I also soak him in a warm bath which really seems to help the rest of the skin come off

Luci did that when we first got him and he got a sliver in his nose! I kept trying to get it and he would just run and run from me. Eventually it fell out with the shed skin. Over the weekend he was shedding his back and he kept rubbing it on the glass it was a real interesting and sad thing to watch. He has things to rub on but insisted that the glass was going to help him the most. He's such a nut!

Chrisw

Hatchling Dragon
That's good (the baths). I wouldn't worry about the rubbing on the wood. But I would definitely keep my eye on that. You don't want your beardie hurting himself buy cutting himself on the wood (seen it happen before). Make sure all the pieces are filed down and nothing is sharp.

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
My male had been shedding loads too, as soon a he sheds he starts again few days later, think there just growing

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh i thought that 2. There always seems to b some part of Diego thats either peeling, lighter coloured, shedding or getting ready to shed. Just shows how fast they grow. Diego had a nice bath this morn and by the end of the day his whole bak had come off just waiting for the tail and belly now ;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Shedding is going to be one of those unexplained things! After shedding her right foot and her vent, left leg and patch of tail. Dexter is now shedding the top of her head and her neck! A few weeks ago it was just her mouth!

Latest posts