• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed or fungus?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone....I don't have a picture of it right now but my dragon has recently gone through a shed and the only place he hasn't shed is on his leg and there is a big gray patch on his nose but I can't tell if its skin that is about to shed or if it is a type of fungus. How would a bearded dragon get a fungus anyways? Don't know anything about that. And, can fungus be gray or would it be a different color? If it is fungus, how do I get rid of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
BB; You are a little step ahead of yourself. It sounds very much like a shed and i have had lots of expeirence with those as every baby i have got or had is in a shed or about to go into one lol-A shed is grey and looks a different colour and a fungus i would not worry about unless you see something different that concerns you and then concider a vet visit. But BB; i don't think you should worry to much-Baby; is just being a healthy dragon and going into a shed or is shedding. A grey patch on her nose is normal as they all have it. It either comes off quick or it takes awhile. A little soak and run some water over her nose might help release it quicker.All mine have it BB. Not to worry your baby is growing some more.I have 1-dragon now that has a patch on her nose and some on her toes and she will release them soon. river-7-aka-bella

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Okay, thank you so much for all your advice! I have a picture if anyone wants to see it just to confirm it for me. Don't ask about the pink tape haha-it's there to hold down the paper towel because my tank is mostly tile but I couldn't find anyone to cut my tile so it's a little uneven lol...anyways, here it is:
babyfungus.JPG

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shed...:) Baby's growing right before your eyes! He's getting to be a big boy! :0

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Well, I am very relieved and as all of you said, Baby WAS shedding. The poor little guy is shedding all over his face and he keeps rubbing his face all over the objects in his tank. I figured he was shedding but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else, so thank you everyone for your advice! Everything is good now! :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie and Baby must sense each other shedding. She finished shedding her chest and a portion of her mouth. Now she's shedding her lower body and the other side of her face. Then she made some non-stop noise for a while until I fed her crickets. After crickets, all was quiet on the Western Front. :)

Latest posts