• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sex of bearded dragon

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
I have had my beardie for about two years. I’ve been pretty sure it’s a boy, but my mom thinks it’s a girl. I will attach the photo of the organs. I can kind of see two bumps but I can also see one. Is this beardie a boy or a girl?
BD8C6A00-01BD-4172-A5A3-F9A81D3E4358.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have had my beardie for about two years. I’ve been pretty sure it’s a boy, but my mom thinks it’s a girl. I will attach the photo of the organs. I can kind of see two bumps but I can also see one. Is this beardie a boy or a girl? View attachment 29905
Female- it's flat above the vent- if there were 2 bumps above the vent it would be male

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I see two bumps….. :eek: , get a flashlight, go into a dark room, hold the flashlight to the bearded dragons back of the tail, ull either see two hemipenes, or nothing at all…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I see two bumps….. :eek: , get a flashlight, go into a dark room, hold the flashlight to the bearded dragons back of the tail, ull either see two hemipenes, or nothing at all…
Oh dear- maybe another pic arched tail flat on table

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
i cant seem to get the flashlight trick to work! is there a special kind of flashlight i need?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i cant seem to get the flashlight trick to work! is there a special kind of flashlight i need?
Probably a smaller diameter one, its kinda like how as a kid ud have a laser pointer and put ur finger over the hole the light Emanates from and ur fingers insides glow, hold him vertically, shine the light from behind, hold it directly to his tail , you might need two people for this, it’s similar to seeing if eggs have veins.

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
Probably a smaller diameter one, its kinda like how as a kid ud have a laser pointer and put ur finger over the hole the light Emanates from and ur fingers insides glow, hold him vertically, shine the light from behind, hold it directly to his tail , you might need two people for this, it’s similar to seeing if eggs have veins.
thanks! i’ll try that out soon

Latest posts