• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sex of a dragon

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I know that you find out the sex of a dragon by looking under it's tail by the vent to see whether it has one bump or two, but I thought I heard somewhere that males usually have a line of little bumps along it's thighs. Is this true for female dragons, too? I'm curious, b/c my dragon just sprouted said bumps along the thighs.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both Male & female can have femoral pores, the bumps you are speaking of. They are generally more prominent or larger on males, but being larger is only relative when you have something to compare it too & all BDs are different. It is a highly unreliable method of sexing. The most reliable method other than doing an actual probe for the hemipenes & something you should never attempt on your own, is depicted in the vid below ...

Asia Lorraine

Hatchling Dragon
This is an awesome video!! I cant wait to get home and do this to my beardie. We are trying to name it but have no idea what it is so thanks for posting this. It very clear and easy to understand!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
or you could pick a unisex name.

i feel like this gender question is asked every few days haha.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
well if your asking for a good name i think Lelouch(leh-loush) would be a good one, come to think of it i wish i had named mine that

Asia Lorraine

Hatchling Dragon
Do you get this from anime? If so my boyfriend would love that name seeing as he is really into it. I will definantly run it by him. We were trying to think of mythical or famous names of dragons.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Do you get this from anime? If so my boyfriend would love that name seeing as he is really into it. I will definantly run it by him. We were trying to think of mythical or famous names of dragons.
yes its from the anime code geass: lelouch of the rebellion R1/R2 and he is the main guy in it and happens to be a prince so its a wonderful name.

and i am the local expert on dragons so far as the flying ones and fictional ones. i can find some names of them if you wish.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks for that video Germ, very informative.
'Two' penises you explained, lucky little guys :) but when you picked up the female you said 'no balls' - was pun intended there? or is that just the way you put it?

I better go and look at mine, I think a name change might be in order.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No Bulges - not 'No Balls'. By the way that is not me, but a Video on the subject by BloodBank Dragons.

laughing-so-hard-ag1.gif

Latest posts