• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Senna’s Enclosure Upgrade Update

Faye&Senna

Bearded Dragon Egg
So it’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted. But my dad and I have finally finished updating Senna’s enclosure.
3F5A1DC9-8EBA-4695-AEDF-C335B0981FF6.jpeg

Dad handmade the shelf for her from solid cedar and put it in for me. Once she is used to it, I will put more in there like a nice piece of driftwood to climb on and another hide maybe. But for now she is getting used to the changes. She likes running up and down her hammock ramp. I’m keeping an eye on temps at the moment to see if I need to adjust the heating lamp again, but seems ok!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So it’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted. But my dad and I have finally finished updating Senna’s enclosure.
View attachment 28218
Dad handmade the shelf for her from solid cedar and put it in for me. Once she is used to it, I will put more in there like a nice piece of driftwood to climb on and another hide maybe. But for now she is getting used to the changes. She likes running up and down her hammock ramp. I’m keeping an eye on temps at the moment to see if I need to adjust the heating lamp again, but seems ok!
Please take the probe and put it on the basking decor piece- you need a basking temp of 105-110-- also the UVB needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- the way it's set up now she will be getting inadequate uvb-- the tank looks nice but I am thinking as she gets older she's going to want more floor space- also your going to need a digital probe hygrometer ad well--

Faye&Senna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please take the probe and put it on the basking decor piece- you need a basking temp of 105-110-- also the UVB needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- the way it's set up now she will be getting inadequate uvb-- the tank looks nice but I am thinking as she gets older she's going to want more floor space- also your going to need a digital probe hygrometer ad well--
Yes,I lowered the uvb quite a bit, it is about 35cm above the basking spot now. Sorry, I realised I uploaded the photo I took before I did that. And I have three thermometers in there to keep an eye on temp besides the probe.
And the floor is 1200x400 in our measurements plus the shelf now. I showed our exotics vet her set up and he is fine with it. She had her first check up last week and is doing very well!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I didn’t even see ur beardy till i zoomed in lol! Good enclosure :) , is there anything soft like a blanket in his hides or where he sleep? Definitely recommend one, and theres alot of vertical space still not utilized, are you planning on adding anymore platforms?

Faye&Senna

Bearded Dragon Egg
I didn’t even see ur beardy till i zoomed in lol! Good enclosure :) , is there anything soft like a blanket in his hides or where he sleep? Definitely recommend one, and theres alot of vertical space still not utilized, are you planning on adding anymore platforms?
Yes there is an old shirt of mine at the moment in her hide to sleep in. Although she has always preferred sleeping among the fake leaves for some reason. I will get her her very own fleecy blankie soon. She is still only a little thing! I am hesitant to put any more higher up because I don’t want her to fall off them, even though I would like to. I thought maybe a hammock she can climb into when she is bigger off the other side from some driftwood maybe.

Latest posts