• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Self-aware/Shy Beardie?

nye

Hatchling Dragon
Does anyone else's beardie stop eating as soon as they see you watching them? It's the weirdest thing ever with mine. I could just be on my phone laying in bed and if I look at him once, he just stares back at me and stops eating. He'll then run over to his basking platform and yawn. I feel like he's telling me that he doesn't want me to watch him eating.

BTW, he doesn't do this when I hand feed him. It's only when there's food in his tank.

Amanda Kincaid

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lizardo does that with his greens. I can feed him his bugs and blueberries just fine, but he stops if he gets caught eating his greens. My daughter laughs and says he's silly. Its interesting though because when he was younger he was fine letting us watch him eat his greens

nye

Hatchling Dragon
Lizardo does that with his greens. I can feed him his bugs and blueberries just fine, but he stops if he gets caught eating his greens. My daughter laughs and says he's silly. Its interesting though because when he was younger he was fine letting us watch him eat his greens
Same with mine! He hates being caught eating his greens. I also notice that he if he falls in his tank and knows I saw him falling, he'll immediately go into his hide like he's embarrassed haha

Latest posts