• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

seems a bit young...

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so he seems a bit young to be eating half inch crickets, hes only about 7.5 inches long, which from what ive found is like 7-8 weeks old, but i just measured the eye space and its 1/2.. it still ok to feed him 1/2 crickets at that age?

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No I have been giving him 1/4 crickets and just ordered another 1000. But I was wondering if the next time I order crickets if I could order 1/2 crickets next time since that is the space between his eyes. Just seems a bit young

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Age has nothing to do with growth, honestly... Diet, genetics, general husbandry, however have a great deal to do with it! If it fits, go ahead and feed 1. Watch closely to make sure he passes that , then if no issues, go slowly with the amount increased. So for instance.. if he eats 20 1/4" at a meal, you can offer say 2@ 1/2" and 14 @ 1/4". Then watch...
Hope that helps !

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
mk, well ill have to see how things look after i go through the next shipment of crickets since i already ordered 1000 1/4 inches.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
this pic was hard to get and its at a funny angle but its 1/2 apart at the top of the head like in the other pics on here showing where to measure

IMAG0011.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's fine then... If I can see it.. it's most likely clear enough for others too.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1/2 inch it is . . . .

But start off slow, maybe order a few or go buy lets say 100 at the pet shop quickly now and do a test like Janie said by giving a few 1/2 inch and more 1/4 for a few days, then at least if it doesn't work out you wont sit with your next order of 1000 1/2 inches and not be able to use them. And you can order the correct bulk you need.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i will be getting 1000 1/4" crickets tomorrow and another 1000 1/2" on friday, he just ate 32 1/4" in a single sitting so its time to move up a bit lol.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thnx, ya his head is lighter than the rest of him, dont know if its cause the shed or what.

Latest posts