• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sealer used for cracks

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
so the new cage i built i used a loctite brand sealer for the cracks called proline, it says for indoor and outdoor use, It has been a week and i put my head in there today and noticed it still had a small bit of odor to it, could that be the cause of phoenix being so lazy and hiding under the rock for the past few days and not coming out at all?
its a faint smell but i can still smell it.

i let it sit for a few days to cure before i even put him in so its odd that the smell is still there, i can breathe in it normally but if i take deep inhales i can smell it, should i be concerned or am i a paranoid parent haha

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That could be what is causing him to act the way he is. If you can smell it buy just putting your head in, He can really smell it because he's right on top of it. You'll need to put a fan inside it with the doors open to try to suck that smell out.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
That could be what is causing him to act the way he is. If you can smell it buy just putting your head in, He can really smell it because he's right on top of it. You'll need to put a fan inside it with the doors open to try to suck that smell out.

Looks like he will be going back in the old cage for a few

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Glad you found out now that it was the sealer that was making him act that way. As far as the heat on his belly, 117 is a little hot I don't think it's going to seriously hurt him if he's on it for a short time but over a long period it might hurt him.

I hate basking lights and temps. I had a 75 watt Zoomed in Dexter's and yesterday it was getting up to 115 on her turtle shell. I swapped it out for a 50 watt Zoomed and it barely made 100. I put in a 60 watt Exo-Terra that I found laying around and it wasn't any better. It cooled off in the house today and I put the 75 in again and we are at 105. :confused:

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Glad you found out now that it was the sealer that was making him act that way. As far as the heat on his belly, 117 is a little hot I don't think it's going to seriously hurt him if he's on it for a short time but over a long period it might hurt him.

I hate basking lights and temps. I had a 75 watt Zoomed in Dexter's and yesterday it was getting up to 115 on her turtle shell. I swapped it out for a 50 watt Zoomed and it barely made 100. I put in a 60 watt Exo-Terra that I found laying around and it wasn't any better. It cooled off in the house today and I put the 75 in again and we are at 105. :confused:

Lights suck I put the shirt piece on the rock so it won't get as hot I have a 40w I will try but the actual temp is perfect I just noticed with a temp gun the the rock itself was 117 but this morning it was only 108 on the rock. I'm at lowes right now trying to find the silicone

Latest posts