• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SCRATCHING ? WHY?

Della

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Berti also has a fantastic habit of scratching the corners of the viv! I love him...lots but this noise makes me cringe..is he doing it for a reason?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is called glass dancing and there are many reason he could be doing it.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL..they all do it. As he gets older it will slow down, but it is something that he most likely will always do.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
One of mine does it for food and when playing with the cat. She teases the cat by glass dancing, the cat bats at her, then she goes to another part and does it, cat follows and it continues for about a half hour. The other does it before and after he poops. It is annoying. He is in my bedroom and he is an early morning pooper. I keep his lights on a timer and his lights come on about an hour before we wake up so I can get the kids their breakfast and while they are eating I feed the dragons. He wakes me up almost everyday so I know what you mean about it driving you crazy.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine do it too. Yosh does it when he has to go to the bathroom. Petrie does it when he has gone in his enclosure. He wants out cause it stinks in there. LOL!! Rainbow does it when he wants to run around the room a bit. :)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie does it too.
Although she doesnt have a glass VIV she will scratch the corner under her basking spot regularly. Really eerie noises with her nails on wood and fake rock. LOL

Latest posts