• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

scared..

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
So after waiting for like 3 or 4months, I finally received my bearded dragon.
Azaar(my bearded dragon) is a juvenile as I was told. He's 10inches from nose to tail I THINK. Because apparently I am AFRAID to carry him comfortably like I do with my 5inches leopardgecko. Lol.

Have anyone been into that stage? If so, any tips to overcome it? Because I need to bathe Azaar before giving him time to acclimate into his newhome, he poop in his shipped box so he needs a little bit of cleaning

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
I'll try :/ just a question, do they jump high? Going to bathe him after an hour or two, would he jump right on myshirt?

LooptyLoo

Hatchling Dragon
I'm hoping someone else can give some insight into your question, as I'm not sure exactly how high they can jump. Mine does like to try to jump off my shoulder on occasion, which is why I never let go of her as of yet. She has never attempted to jump onto me from her bath. The most she has done is climbed into my hand when she's had enough.

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
update: Bathed the beardie, and handled her :D :D :D :D not yet too courageous to leave the towel which i pick her up with though but i can lift her up for few seconds then place her back into her home :') thank you guys for your comments, i truly appreciate it.

a bearded dragon jumping isnt scary anymore :p might have a split/second fight-&-flight if she jumps, but i wont get petrified and run outside.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I want to know how he gets his to jump so high. I can make mine beg on his hind legs for a Wax Worm but not jump. I should call him and ask both questions.

Fae, how is your BD doing?

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Youll be fine i did nt have the same probs as you but I couldnt even look at a cricket when we first had specs, now im playin chase with them every day :)

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Ill help you out here lol. From what i know, beardies cant jump very high naturally. Especially as they get larger. They dont tend to jump either unless its from obstacle to obstacle in their cage which is a horizontal jump. Which can be far. They have horible depth perception so often jumps may fail lol.

Latest posts