• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scared of crickets?

TIKI

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys I just got a new dragon that looks like she is scared of crickets? The first time I threw crickets in her cage she ate a few and then started to panic when one crawled on her.. She has calmed down a bit now but whenever a cricket crawls by her she starts breathing heavy and closes her eyes.. Any tips on getting her to eat them like a normal dragon? lol

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
its messed up i laughed at that. just the image of a dragon having a panic attack... anyways, i think maybe hand feeding her, or using cricket tongs to show her that the crixs wont hurt her... be sure to try to take out as many out of her cage when you go to bed, crickets are omnivores too.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Try feeding smaller ones. Maybe the size is intimidating.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
well, my dragon had a reaction like this today when i fed him roaches for the first time. once he ate them, the next time He did not seem to scared of them.

though maybe where ever you got your dragon from was not using live food and your dragons not used to it yet, give it time to adjust.

TIKI

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for all the advice guys. Ill try feeding him smaller crickets.. and yea I thought it was pretty funny as well -.-

Latest posts