• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sarcoma - anyone had experience with this??

alexisrogersily

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 4 year old bearded dragon has 2 masses on each side so I took him to the vet and with cytology and x-rays, it came back as sarcomas. He has an appointment next week to have the tumors removed but the vet said the prognosis isn’t good. From the x-rays, the tumors are just outside his chest cavity and haven’t spread to other organs. Does anyone have more knowledge on these or have had a beardie that has had one that is doing okay? I’m so heartbroken and don’t want to see him suffer. I’m praying they can remove all the cancer cells.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 4 year old bearded dragon has 2 masses on each side so I took him to the vet and with cytology and x-rays, it came back as sarcomas. He has an appointment next week to have the tumors removed but the vet said the prognosis isn’t good. From the x-rays, the tumors are just outside his chest cavity and haven’t spread to other organs. Does anyone have more knowledge on these or have had a beardie that has had one that is doing okay? I’m so heartbroken and don’t want to see him suffer. I’m praying they can remove all the cancer cells.
Need to.have Tracie respond can you post the test results etc for her to see them she has better experience since she's the vet tech on here

alexisrogersily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Need to.have Tracie respond can you post the test results etc for her to see them she has better experience since she's the vet tech on here
Update: Lemmy passed away today after complications from the anesthesia and wasn’t able to breathe on his own after surgery. I am so heartbroken.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: Lemmy passed away today after complications from the anesthesia and wasn’t able to breathe on his own after surgery. I am so heartbroken.
I am so sorry ---- this seems to happen quite often --- I understand the pain of losing them - I too have experienced losing them as well --- again my condolences :(

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I am sorry I had forgotten to post my condolences. There have been so many poor little dragons, having
trouble with cancer, now.
I am so sorry you lost him, due to surgical complications. He obviously had some type of reaction to the
anesthesia.

Tracie

Latest posts