• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sandstone for basking area

ryanaesm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys i am currently changing a few things up in my dragons enclosure, He has had a wooden cave type basking spot which has worked a treat but i have bought natural sandstone to make his enclosure look and feel a bit better for him, I have soaked the stone in boiling water for 30 mins and scrubbed to get any nasties off. Is that ok to do so? I didnt want to use any bleach or put it in oven incase i had any problems?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi guys i am currently changing a few things up in my dragons enclosure, He has had a wooden cave type basking spot which has worked a treat but i have bought natural sandstone to make his enclosure look and feel a bit better for him, I have soaked the stone in boiling water for 30 mins and scrubbed to get any nasties off. Is that ok to do so? I didnt want to use any bleach or put it in oven incase i had any problems?
Please make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get temps on that spot of the sandstone - some material heat up really hot and you do not want to burn her --- the cleaning is fine -- if you have any disinfectant like F 10 or Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out will work too

ryanaesm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get temps on that spot of the sandstone - some material heat up really hot and you do not want to burn her --- the cleaning is fine -- if you have any disinfectant like F 10 or Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out will work too
thanks yes i got the digital probe and reflector in the enclosure now all looking good:), weighed him this week and he is up to 92 grams now he is gaining weight alot wuicker now hopefully he keeps it up

Latest posts