• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

salad

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
m'lynn seems to prefer eating salad more than crickets. is this ok? its collards and one of the other staple leaves. can't remember if its escarole or mustard greens. he'll eat a few crickets a day, nothing like his pig of a brother though. they're in separate tanks and can't see each other so no problems there. i'm saving my whole month's pay to take them both in to the vet, so it'll be another 2 weeks before they go in.

poor guy is stuck with a girl name. we recently discovered he's a boy and we're already used to the name m'lynn.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How old is M'lynn?

crystal9534 said:
poor guy is stuck with a girl name. we recently discovered he's a boy and we're already used to the name m'lynn.

Maybe an idea; why don't you think of a boy name that sounds close to M'lynn? Like...... Marilyn. As in......................................................................Marilyn Manson. ;D

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol he's about 5 months. i'm only guessing, judging by size. they're 13". m'lynn is missing about half an inch of tail. he's 88 grams as of yesterday. he's alot smaller than his brother.

we have been thinking of names. i'll call him "my man" once in awhile. we thought of merlin, but my friend's cat, also named merlin, recently passed away. so out of respect i nixed that one

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's odd that a dragon that young is more interested in salad than bugs. They need their proteins that first year to grow. They slip more into salad than proteins after a year or so.

Can you try switching up your bugs and try some dubia roaches, phoenix worms, to name a few.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well not about the salad, as I have no idea why he is doing this. All I can say is Pogie is almost 10 months and has started to convert to more salad and less crics. But shes older and I suppose this is normal as she is nearing adulthood.

As for names . . . .

M'Lynn - M'Lenn / lenny as Len and lenny are boys names ???

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK I found this site . . . check it out for ideas for names. It gives their meanings too.
You can choose by color or language to get the name and meaning you want
Wish I found this one before I named Pogie

http://www.20000-names.com/color_names_02.htm

One that rhymes nicely with M'Lynn is Irvin / Irwin ????

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That would be great. He was a legend . . . .

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
also, are they allowed to have the stem pieces from the leaves of collards? i usually just tear the leaf from around the stem and put it in the food chopper.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crystal9534 said:
also, are they allowed to have the stem pieces from the leaves of collards?

Personally, I don't use the stems. I find them too hard for the dragons to eat. But I don't waste the stems; I just feed it to my bugs!

Latest posts