• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salad Question

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi y'all

As I mentioned in my other thread http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon-forum/general-discussion/some-general-questions/ there are NO leafy greens available at present

So at the mo P is getting mixtures of

Patty pans
Green beans
Snap peas
Butternut
Swiss chard every other day

The space between her eyes are 2.1cm, I know leaves size can be bigger as they are soft, but the veggies shes getting now I chop up really really fine. How big can the chunks be ??? ??? ???

Like this
SNC00633.jpg

and this
SNC00634.jpg

??? ??? ???
I also asked in the other thread
Oh yeah, we also have TONS of cactus pads (also full of moisture), and dont know if she'll eat it

I know the cactus pad / prickly pear are staples. But I read they are very high in calcium.
If I use then daily till I can get leafy greens again, should I decrease her 6x week calcium to lets say every second day

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yum! The size looks fine to me. It's all about being able to pass down her throat and get digested.

As far as the calcium, I'm not an expert in chemistry or a dietitian. I will add that my herp vet indicated that calcium supplements are not necessary with the proper diet and natural UV light. With that said, we did cut down the recommended calcium supplement during summer months when Bernie was outside almost daily.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the cactus is a go. But leave the calcium as is. she's a baby.

watch for signs of dry or hard urates

Latest posts