• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salad Prep for Beardie

xLagHDx

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi i’m quite new to this forum! i’ve been really sttrugling getting my beardie to eat his greens! I just wanted to know what the best way to prep the salad for the week. Also what are good stables to have in the salad. (I am UK based)

Thanks Lauren ☺️

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi i’m quite new to this forum! i’ve been really sttrugling getting my beardie to eat his greens! I just wanted to know what the best way to prep the salad for the week. Also what are good stables to have in the salad. (I am UK based)

Thanks Lauren ☺️
How old is the dragon and what are you feeding now? here is a website for your ignore the kale its a great staple feeder -- the info is outdated - http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s 1 so an adult, i try and give him kale, and dust calcium and hoopers but i never know what to put with the kale! Would you say it’s best to prep a salad all for the week in one go?
You can if you want put it in a ziploc bag or food container - see how it goes -- look at the website on posted for you and go from there --- you need to find something he likes - have you tried using BSFL on top of the salads as lures or silk worms - super worms only use 2 to get him to the bowl - you dont want him hooked on those as they are treat worms -- silks are a staple as well as the BSFL - he should only be getting the main staple insect 2-3 times per week

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
It took my dragon forever to eat a salad. She eats Kale daily now usually twice a day, just be sure to break the pieces so it's not as wide as your dragon's head is so they can swallow it. Also I usually put a few worms in the salad so she sees them and draws her to it...

Latest posts