• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

salad mixes...

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am having a "difficult" time trying to figure out what to put in wonders salads....can you give me some ideas of salad mixtures that you make?

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The favorite mix in my house is collards, mustards, bok Choy, and turnip greens. I switch up red peppers, butternut squash, and raspberries for treats.

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks!
Gotta get to grocery store tomorrow....Wonder is bored with my boring salads of plain greens. :)

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh, and why does sweet potato have to be cooked? and cooked till soft or just half cooked?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well my mixes in the past have been:

Green beans, snap peas, rocket, endive, mustard, cactus pad, butternut, patty pans, baby marrows
I used 2 or 3 of the above per day and altered every two days or so.
Lately shes real picky and only eats green things . . . . actually green leafy tings, so the latest mixes are pretty boring here too consisting of
Rocket, parsley (broadleaf) lucerne, mustard, nastirtium leaves, carrot tops (not the carrots) and kiwi for a treat

Dont know why the sweet potato has to be cooked, i used to give it raw, grated finely a little bit over the top of the salad, but cooking will soften it and i have heard it can enhance fragrance ? Just my guess.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You can check out beautifuldragons.com they have a great food chart telling you what beardies can and can't eat and how often they can have it.

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have been on beautifuldragons.com,but I was looking for other peoples idea of actually mixes---

Thanks so much everyone for your "recipies"

Merry Christmas all.....

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wonder loves squash!! She ate her salad this morning immediately when I added grated squash to it!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yoyo loves squash too one of his favorites. Princess loves raspberries, strawberries, water melon, red peppers, prettty much anything red. She will only eat mustard greens and endive as far as greens go. Yoyo prefers collard and turnip greens.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For the salad i make for spike (Spike salad lol) I use bell peppers, collard greens, and accasionally lettuce or squash. Hope that helps!!!

Latest posts