• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Safe building materials in uk

Sar5050

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hiya I was given a bearded dragon, who has been named Stan. He's in a 6 foot x 4 foot viv.
His decor is boring and I want to enrich his mind.
I am thinking of making him caves and platforms out of foam, problem I am having in the UK is finding products that are reptile safe.
I have watched videos and is much as I can tell I need foam sheets, expanding foam, grout and a sealant. Does anyone know what brands I can use?
Thank you for any help :0

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hiya I was given a bearded dragon, who has been named Stan. He's in a 6 foot x 4 foot viv.
His decor is boring and I want to enrich his mind.
I am thinking of making him caves and platforms out of foam, problem I am having in the UK is finding products that are reptile safe.
I have watched videos and is much as I can tell I need foam sheets, expanding foam, grout and a sealant. Does anyone know what brands I can use?
Thank you for any help :0
Let me have someone help you --- I have contacted them - they know better than I

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you
Here is the response
I haven't worked with foam like that myself, but others on the forum have used mod podge to seal projects. That should be available in the UK. Any non toxic grout and sealer should work though. I don't think the grout material is inherently dangerous. The DIY section should have some good examples of similar projects.

Sar5050

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is the response
I haven't worked with foam like that myself, but others on the forum have used mod podge to seal projects. That should be available in the UK. Any non toxic grout and sealer should work though. I don't think the grout material is inherently dangerous. The DIY section should have some good examples of similar projects.
Thank you for reply. I have read so many articles...one says things are safe...others say complete opposite.
Because I'm scared I might cause him harm I might stick to making him constructions out suitable wood...ie ones from reptile shops and attach them together will aquarium sealant. He needs a dig box....but OBS not feed him in it and a hide. Also looked up what plants are safe...basically most of the herbs.
We have lots of pets but he is definitely the one that brings the most worry

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for reply. I have read so many articles...one says things are safe...others say complete opposite.
Because I'm scared I might cause him harm I might stick to making him constructions out suitable wood...ie ones from reptile shops and attach them together will aquarium sealant. He needs a dig box....but OBS not feed him in it and a hide. Also looked up what plants are safe...basically most of the herbs.
We have lots of pets but he is definitely the one that brings the most worry
At the bottom of this site there is a list of safe plants
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Latest posts