• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Safe adhesive

chelle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm trying to find out what would be a safe and sturdy adhesive to use in sandstone in new enclosure?

Attachments

• 16818446266977258822193891784882.jpg
    16818446266977258822193891784882.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I'm trying to find out what would be a safe and sturdy adhesive to use in sandstone in new enclosure?
How big is the tank ? And sandstone are you talking about the substrate your using? Also what are you using for a UVB?

chelle

Bearded Dragon Egg
How big is the tank ? And sandstone are you talking about the substrate your using? Also what are you using for a UVB?
Just put her in 4ft high 4 ft long and 2 ft wide. I want to put sand stone in the enclosure for climbing then add some air plants. She is a silkback( my small town pet shop said not much difference in her and a regular beardie) I was definitely lied to about that. 100 watt basking and honestly I can't remember the watts of the vit D bulb. We are trying to get a better set up now. We have done alot of searching Google and everyone has a different opinion about how to care for silkies. She is my first and will be my last. She is my sweet baby girl but she takes alot of work. Any advice is welcome.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me get w/ someone who will know --- I will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay. Thanks
I heard back this is what he said
To adhere sandstone I'd probably use a construction adhesive. There is one for landscape blocks that should work well. I think Loctite and Liquid Nails have versions of these. I'd just give it a good 24-48 hrs (or more) to set and offgas before putting into use. Once its dry it should be safe.

chelle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I heard back this is what he said
To adhere sandstone I'd probably use a construction adhesive. There is one for landscape blocks that should work well. I think Loctite and Liquid Nails have versions of these. I'd just give it a good 24-48 hrs (or more) to set and offgas before putting into use. Once its dry it should be safe.
Thank you!