• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Safe adhesive to attach a light fixture?

becca

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone . . . I got a second hand viv, 36x20x18, made of ABS plastic with front opening doors. It has a 18" UVB bulb mounted inside on the ceiling, but I decided to replace it with a 24" on the recommendation of my breeder. The old one was epoxied to the ceiling and I was able to rip it out without damaging anything. However, I don't know what a safe adhesive is to use to attach the new one. I would be gluing metal to ABS plastic. Any suggestions?

This is the last thing I need to sort out before picking up the dragon!! Whoo Hoo!! (Have to keep it hidden, though, till Santa can deliver it on Christmas day!)

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Liquid nails is good i use it to seal my home made enclosures. Alternatively since it is plastic you could just drill holes into it on the roof to screw mount all the light fixtures.

becca

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mainly I'm concerned about the high heat causing the adhesive to put off fumes. I'll screw the light on if necessary, just wouldn't look as nice from the top. Here's a link to a Liquid Nails Epoxy that bonds plastic and metal, also says it withstands temps up to 300 degrees. If anyone has concerns about it, let me know, please.

http://www.liquidnails.com/products/product.jsp?productId=76

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's good becca... just allow 24 hours for fume removal before adding dragon to the enclosure...
Janie.
Love Liquid Nails ! lol

Latest posts