• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sadie

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, we're faced with so many grief periods that Sadie, our Plotthound has a large tumor that once once fluid-filled had burst. It got infected and we took her to the vet. The vet said that it felt like it was cancerous and it would heal and then burst again, and then get infected again.

We're faced with the decision of either putting her down. My mind is on her so much that I can't think of anything but her.

We've made a decision to let her finish with antibiotics and a scrub that we have to put on twice a day. We've decided to let the course run, then get biopsy to see if it's really cancer. If it is, we'll have to put her down.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Awe, I'm so sorry Noella. How old is Sadie?

My oldest cat Isis is 17 and a few years ago I noticed a tumor on her upper left shoulder. The vet wanted to biopsy it. She said that they are finding more cases of cancerous tumors in that area where they used to give shots, so now they give them in the back leg. When Isis was a baby she had a very bad reaction to her rabies vaccination, she started foaming at the mouth, we had to take her to emergency care. So, the vet wanted to biopsy it but we made the decision to leave it be. We are afraid if they start poking around in there it's going to spread. It doesn't bother her and it doesn't get any bigger. She only has a few more years left probably, she also has the start of kidney failure, we don't want her to live those years as a patient. If she was 10 years old we would maybe think about it. It's so hard to make these decisions for them, they are our babies.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sadie.jpg
Sadie Baby's 12 years old.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mt 10:29 - God knows when a sparrow falls. He knows.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That reminds me..it's kinda silly but there is a Willie Nelson song that always makes me think of my pets when I hear it. It's called Angel Flying Too Close To the Ground. It's a sad song but it makes me think of how we rescue them and take care of them and love them and then eventually we have to say goodbye. It's making me cry thinking about it.