• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sad to see her go!

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all,
sorry to drag this down. We were a part of this a while ago and got caught up in the joy and happiness a beardie can bring to our lives.

Ya know, it's really strange that something so tiny and almost fragile I suppose, something that hardly ever asks to be held, petted, bathed, etc can grab ahold of your heart and make ya wanna have a 1000 of em!

well, it happened to us, a family of 3. My wife, 11-yr old son and me! Dad is the kind of person that has a faithful dog or two, my wife has 2-birds and our son wanted a "beardie". WTF I asked him, well not that bad but I had no idea what a "beardie" was. I never knew that I was about to have my life transformed for the better!!!

When we started looking, we researched the heck out of (or so I thought) what to look for, how to buy when to buy, etc, etc. When we arrived at the young girls house that was moving and had to give up Fergie, I thought, "holy crap, she's huge!". But OMG, how incredibly cute she is/was!! How can this be? A reptile and cute don't usually go in the same sentence. Fast fwd 9-months, and she was a huge part of our lives, bringing joy every day in her strange way only a beardie can do type of life.

Last 4-days have been hell! She suddenly stopped eating, we thought brummation or the start there of, all the signs, lethargy, lack of appetite, etc. I took her to the vet and on the way, my 11-yr old son & I were driving to the vet with her all wrapped up in a blanket, just like on bath days, her mouth opened up like she was trying to take a breath, sadly it was to be her last. She died on the way to the vets and we are so glad to have had her in our lives for the short time, to have blessed us with what she did. I will never forget our time and Fergie's ways of making us laugh, wonder and smile.

Rest In Peace Fergie, we love you and will always remember our "Beardie" for the things that make you go Hmmmmm and smile.

I've cried for a while for some strange reason, trying to make sense of this and trying to figure out why I am crying, but I think back to how she ran across the room, side to side, stopping to dart her tongue out at something that caught her attention for a slit second, that's how I remember Fergie!

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:-[im sorry to hear of your loss of fergie sounds like she really was part of the family

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm so sorry for you loss. It is difficult when we loose anyone or anything that is close to our hearts. Try and embrace the memories you had with her.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Species, color, or designation doesn't really matter when it comes to losing something you've spent quality time with. Choosing to relinquish part of your day to feed and clean for something totally dependant on your brings about a "bond" of sorts.

You met her needs, as well as made a vet appt. But what was wrong, was meant to be.

Your experience started out in good will, and ended in sadness. For that I'm sorry. I hope that you won't let this deter you from another fantastic dragon.

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:'(

Hi everyone and thanks for the wonderful messages. It saddens our whole family to have lost her. All of your kind words have meant a great deal to our family and once we take a bit of time, we'll be back in here again we we can't not have another beardie in our hearts!

Thanks again and give your beardie an extra cricket today for fergie!

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I truly feel your pain,we brought a little beardie into our lives a few months ago to try to help him grow. I ended up finding out he had a severe case of MBD the night he died. He was so tiny but had already wrapped his claws around my heart strings. They do tend to turn your world upside down for the better don't they? I have 2 healthy beautiful dragons to help fill the whole in my heart but TT will alwyas have his special little place. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*wraps sister arms around everyone...* i'm sorry to see this... big hugs dearest.
Janie

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am so sorry to hear about Fergie's passing! You brought tears to my eyes as you told us about it. We have all been there and it is never easy to lose one of these amazing creatures! They really do have a way of sneaking right into our hearts! I do hope there will be another of these wonderful creatures in your future. For now, we share your sadness and are thinking of you! HUGS

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Reading this has brought tears to my eyes *Crying* I know what you mean by having a beardie touch you....I don't know what I will do when it's my Ozzy's time to go because I love him so much!!! He is my 1st beardie and I have not yet had to go through the pain of loosing him.....I have lost other animals in the past and I know how that feels for sure. I am SO SORRY for your loss because they are very special and great animals......they do touch your heart in a very special way & place!! *HUGS* I AM SO SORRY!!!!!

Latest posts