• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Runny poop

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Hi im new to having a beardie i ended up taking one of my buddies since he want able to care for it and give it attention. Today it had its first bowel movement and it was runny..have was brown and other half was white? Now my buddy had it on a all dry food diet. Of which im trying to get the beardie off that and get him on crickets,kale, strawberrys and various foods rather than the dry food. Does anyone have any advice why mythe beardie is having these type of bowel movement and how i can correct this? This beardie is 4 years old. Also i have a juvi beardie i tried giving it some of its crickets i have but wont touch it. Wont touch the kale either.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It could be runny because he had such a poor diet or it could be from parasites. I would give him a week on a good diet and see if it changes. I also recommend a vet check just to make sure he doesn't have any parasites. If you friend wasn't really caring for him properly, who knows what is going on with it.

Below my comment is are some links to some general care info. Also check out beautiful dragons.com nutrition and get a list of good foods to feed him. Fruits should be given as a treat and kale is okay to feed if you are feeding it with another type of healthy green.

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Ok i try giving him some collard greens and such instead. And make a vet appointment. Im pretty concerned about him thanks. Also is it normal for him to be claw at thr glas or looks kind like hes trying to climb it?

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He could be clawing at the glass because he either wants to come out, the temperatures could be too hot or isn't right, or something in his enclosure is stressing him out. Do you have a photo of his setup so we can review and see what might be going on :) Also, do you know the temperatures? Warm side, basking spot, and cool side?

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
So i habe no idea what the basking temp is or antthing but i did put a temp gauge in thr middle of the tank half way up the glass and it was at 90-95 degrees. I was reading up on this a little and i did take him out fir about an hour maybe longer let him walk around and such. He started go feel a little cold so i put him back. Once doing this he didnt claw at the glass so maybe thats what he wanted. I know the person i got it from rarely took him out. Just never had time for him. This is the set up he gave me. Let me know if theres anything i should do or add and what not. I want him to be comfortable as possible. He was just givin to me about 2 days ago so i havnt he able to do much. Im really worried about his eating habits tho. Im a newbie at this so please give as much adive as possible. Maybe what brand and wattage you use for bulbs anything and everything will help. Also in my light fixture the previous owner used red light for night time i read that its not good to use...is this true?

Attachments

• 15383466173932897652519002596415.jpg
    15383466173932897652519002596415.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Sodry for my typos i sometimes type to fast and misspell a bunch :). Heres my other bearded dragon i just bought same day i recieved my friends. Buddy seen i bought ine and then offered his to so i took it. But anything you see i should add here let me know. I know i need something maybe he can climb more and what not but any advice would help along with advice on creating
20180930_174739.jpg
20180930_174745.jpg
different temp in different areas. Also how much should a baby eat and how much should the 4 year old eat?

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you for uploading the photos. And no worries on the typos :) A few things that need attention is that both of them need UVB bulb which is a long linear fluorescent tubing such as the reptisun 10.0. They make two different types one is T8 (the output is weaker, therefore, the dragon needs to be closer to the bulb) and the other T5HO you'll want to get the T5HO. Please take a look at this care guide https://www.reptifiles.com/bearded-dragon-care-packet/ explains everything on how to properly take care of the bearded dragons. You will also want a digital probe thermometer or infrared temp gun to precise temperatures. The stick on analogs can be off -20/+20 degrees and not reliable.

As far as eating goes, the baby should eat as many as wants within 10 to 15 mins. For a 4-year-old, more leafy greens + veggies and once or twice a week on fruits. 80% veggies and 20%protein. For a full-on explanation on nutrition go to http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Hope this helps :):bd:

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Wow thanks so much for all the info i really want them to be happy and healthy i greatly appreciate it! Im going to the store this morning and getting the lighting. Will send an updated pic later this week incase anything else comes up that you think of id appreciate it!

Latest posts