• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

running along tank wall

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
is it normal for a young beardy to run along and scratch at the tank wall? i am think it may be because it hasnt acclimated to my home yet. it appears to be trying to escape or it sees its reflection and is trying to play with the reflection. any ideas

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup - Quite normal activity & not just when they are young or new. The Pacing & Glass Dance is a Periodic happening & quite common. In the case of Adult Females it is also a sign of wanting to lay.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ahh. The glass dance. Mine does it all day when he's either, A: Sees his reflection. B: Poops and runs all around the tank, knocking things off to make as much noise as he could to 'tell' me he needs help, C: He plays around, climbing everything in his home. :) LOL.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've witnessed dragons in pet stores glass dancing before but i've never seen mine do it? is this unusual
Not unusual that she doesn't do it, Em. Just means she's not intrigued by her reflection and/or aggressive towards or scared of it.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
mine does it every time i go to feed it. i use a plastic bag to dust crickets in so when i shake the bag it makes a sound of the crickets bounching around. so he runs around jumping and trying to climb the glass

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine does the glass dance whenever he wants attention. he usually does it when i've worked late a few nights in a row and I havent been able to spend the usual amount of time with him. i think he could care less about his reflection, ha.

Latest posts