• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roachs

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Ok me and my GF are in alittle bit of a dispute here about roaches and health issues. She believes they are disses ridden and carry alot of they. I thought the wild ones only carry disses due to where they live and their food and such. Can any one help me out. We are tring to find out if they are safe to house in the house with us.

Thanks a bunch

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not to worry & even wild roaches are not that full of disease, no worse than any other bug that make there way into the house (Spiders, ants, lady bugs, etc) much cleaner than a house fly. It is more their appearance & size that is the wild dislike. Captive bred are just as safe as any cricket.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Speaking of GF, FYI (pun intended here), but something I have heard a few times, even on TV - 'There are more germs in a human mouth than a cockroach'. I don't know if that's true or not. But I bother my daughters with this all the time, at least the two that are married.

Watch Germs videos, just click on the GnB Dragons, and then on videos, those roaches look pretty healthy. They are eating better quality food than I am, that's for sure.

Latest posts