• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roach Heating Ideas

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok all you fellow roach keepers. How Do you heat your bins? I use simple red lights in domes. Im just ok with the temps I get. Every now and then I like to take a step back and rethink the systems I have in place just to see if im up to date or if theres simply a better way.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Roaches are always that one thing I just dont want in my house regardless, but I have read they are the best for beardies and certain breeds cant fly, etc. When you say heaters, (sorry for the newbie question) are you talking about the typical underneath heating pads or more light an incubation heater?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tom

Best way to do it is get a human grade heat pad (without a timer) from a drug store. Put it on high-med depending on what breed of roaches you have. i breed dubias and they like it about 95 so i leave it on high. Its much better than a red dome light also because roaches breed best in total darkness.

Brian
Cryptic Dragons

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This one isn't too dead. It originated a couple of weeks ago.

chrismnc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So, if I may ask, what is the right temp for the Dubias? I was told 85 but have read more like 90-95????

Also, if you take some out to have on hand as feeders, do you have to keep them heated? Is room temp ok?

How do you feed them to the dragon? Mine doesn't like to chase anything. Tweezers? In a bowl??

Thanks

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I put them in a bowl. they stay put pretty well.
Room temp is ok for feeders, just not for breeding.
temps in my roach bins range around 87-89. I'm sure there are probably warmer times during mid day heat spikes.......but that's a night time temp.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine are all located on top of the dragon's enclosures... heated by those wonderful, and warm... Mega Rays... ;) Temps vary between 82*-89*.
Janie

chrismnc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My heating pad has Low Medium and High. High is too hot and Medium is too low!!!! I put it on High and put a piece of slate over it then a small towel. I will check the temps in a bit to see if they are better.

They sure do love those oranges!! :)

Latest posts