• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RO-DI Water

jam5971

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a reverse osmosis unit complete with di resin pod, which I use to create water for use in my tropical marine and freshwater aquariums. Would it be better to use rodi water from it for my dragon or stick with tap water?
The only thing with rodi water is not only does it remove bad things it also takes out trace elements which I replace using Tropic Marin additives suited to each aquarium. With that in mind would straight rodi water really be suitable?
I can use either, but obviously I want to use what is best for my dragon.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I use filtered water for all of my animals, reptilian and mammalian alike. Fluoride and other chemicals in the water make me uneasy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jam5971

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I use filtered water for all of my animals, reptilian and mammalian alike. Fluoride and other chemicals in the water make me uneasy.

What do you filter it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jam5971

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a Berkey water filtration system. I love it!

Not heard of one of those.

I'd happily use water from my RODI unit, but it removes minerals as well as the chlorine etc. With my aquariums I have a remineral powder that I use, but wouldn't know if it would be safe for my dragon, so for the time being I'm going to stick with tap water until I know different.

I use a Brita water filter for my own drinking water, so I guess I could use water run through that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

I'd happily use water from my RODI unit, but it removes minerals as well as the chlorine etc. With my aquariums I have a remineral powder that I use, but wouldn't know if it would be safe for my dragon, so for the time being I'm going to stick with tap water until I know different.

I use a Brita water filter for my own drinking water, so I guess I could use water run through that.

I'd run it through the Brita at least. I have well water where I am currently, so filtration is a must for me.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also use a Brita water filter for everything I drink, most of what I cook, and for the critters. too much bad stuff in the water - the good stuff that's there doesn't make up for the bad. Berkely ? Might have to check that out!

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I just buy gallons of water from the store and put it in a spray bottle. One gallon lasts a long time, since I only use it to spray the greens and my beardie (he won't use standing water). It may not be economical for a large beardie family, but for one it's perfect!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I also use a Brita water filter for everything I drink, most of what I cook, and for the critters. too much bad stuff in the water - the good stuff that's there doesn't make up for the bad. Berkely ? Might have to check that out!
They are pricey, but if you look at the specs and the contaminants it can filter out, it's so worth it! I got the Berkey Light. Once it filters through, it's as tasty (or tasteless haha) as bottled water. Love it!

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

I use a brita filter for any water for the animals as well as myself and other family members. It's just safer than straight tap in my world.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I run my water through a Brita but also use Repti-safe in it. I have frogs that need to have the water treated. I don't use a water bowl in my dragon's tank but if I do I use the treated water but when I give baths, I just use regular tap water.