• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rex's New Bed

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I had this washcloth I don't need or use. So I gave it to Rex because he loves soft material. This photo is him testing it out.

SAM_0014.jpg

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I started with a wash cloth but then went and purchased two little cat beds. Boogie will actually get into it and go to sleep. They are all just so cute...

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL thats funny. P pooped in her new blankie at first too. Now she doesnt anymore.

Cute pic of Rex on his "blankie"

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
At least he's been polite enough not to poop on me. So far that has been reserved for the viv and my sink when I bathe him.

jennixpxp

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i will have to try and see if mine likes soft material. she is about 8 months,,, and im wondering will she ever grow out of that "i wanna run i wanna run" phase???

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Some seem to be a little more spirited than others. Rex has always been very calm when I handled him from the day I picked him up. He's not really into getting petted that much but is good about not being too fidgety.

jennixpxp

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ohhh. well thats alright. she just wont hold still. lol some days all she wants to do is be on your shoulder sleeping, other she wants to get offff! lol

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well it's good that she has energy, you'd rather that than she be lethargic. Usually means she is getting enough sunshine and has proper lighting.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i will have to try and see if mine likes soft material. she is about 8 months,,, and im wondering will she ever grow out of that "i wanna run i wanna run" phase???

They slow down with age.... P was exactly like tht till aout a month ago. I can now notice her being much more calm and less runny. Although she still has her moments. LOL

jennixpxp

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hahahahaha. im hopin she calms down... i also just recently lost my job, so i might have to get rid of her seeingthat i spend about 18 dollars a week on her :/ if i have to imma miss that girl... shes what i wake up to everymorning.... my sun and joy,,,, sorry to vent...

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If you need donations at some point for your beardies care, people in this community are often times willing to help. Also look into raising colonies to reduce the costs of keeping your dragon. I just got a petri dish of silk worm eggs and a cricket colony. Next on my list is dubia roaches.

jennixpxp

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks. she was a hundred dollars.. pretty pricey.. its just alll the money to feed her. right now the past few days she has just gotten veggies. and they say thats ok... i just am not sure weather it would be best to let her go to a home with more money than i have, or give it a shot... im gonnna try and raise crickets... she loves them. but thanks for the idea of donations... thanks!

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
No problem, I know how expensive food is at pet stores. Hand raising is always the best way anyhow because the crickets have more nutrients. Or if you don't have the time to run a colony, the bulk rate vendors are very cheap and almost always have very healthy crickets. My last batch didn't have a single dead cricket and plenty of potato left in the package.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Raising Crickets arent that hard to do... it just takes time to get started and have the right size for you to feed off.
It also doesnt have to cost xtra electricity. Place the breeder bin on top of a household appliance that already generates heat, and the same for incubating the eggs. I put mine on top of my VIV.

Latest posts