• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Retained shed beside tail

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
So Jayne seems to retain little strips of shed between her back legs and the base of her tail. It doesn't seem to bother her, and it's not wrapped around her legs or tail or anything, but there's almost always some there. Should I be making more of an effort to help her get it off (aloe, toothbrush, bath, etc), or just leave it be? Are some retained scales ok, as long as they're not forming a tourniquet or anything?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it is loose shed then it should be safe to come off, You can also bathe him and use the soft toothbrush to get the remaining shed off.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks! It is loose but doesn’t just come off if I rub it with my finger. I’ll try a toothbrush in her bath tomorrow.

Latest posts