• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

reptiworms

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I knew she would have some info 4 ya.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I knew she would have some info 4 ya.
:D

Reptiworms are GREAT! I used them till my beardies were a year old. No shell to worry about and they are full of calcium. All I did was put a lot of them in a bowl and let my 2 eat as much as they wanted all day. They are sooo much easier than crickets! I give them 2 thumbs up ;)

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I ordered the large (the smaller sizes are tiny). I ordered 1,000 every week and a half but I was feeding 2 juvies. And one of those (Yaddle) was a super hungry piggy, lol. They aren't hard to care for. You don't have to feed them. Just take out how many you want to feed out of the substrate that they come in and put them in your beardies food bowl.

Hornworms are different and grow so fast. I got 25 smalls and by a week they grew HUGE! If your feeding a smaller beardie make sure to feed them off fast.

Here is a video of Yaddle eating some. Not sure when I put that music on there, but I really need to change it, lol. It makes me sleepy, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG5CuADhjJQ
;)

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
okay do you know were i can get hornworms i have looked at reptiworms and they kinda look like waxworms and my beardie doesn't care for waxworms so he problably won't care for reptiworms but i wanted something with some color that would attract him so i want to get some hornworms

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
can someone please explain the difference between reptiworms , phoenix worms and hornworms
Both Phoenix/Repti & Horn worms are high in calcium & low in fat. Phoenix/Repti worms do have a high count of lauric acid which helps combat coccidia. Horn worms contain an enzyme which helps distribute calcium & they also have a high moisture count as well.

Latest posts