• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptile Expo

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My boyfriend and I went to the reptile expo today in our town. I just wanted to look at some terrarium accessories and stock up on crickets (On sale! 200 for $8)
But of course we ended up walking up and down the aisles looking at all the reptiles! There weren't that many. Tons and tons and TONlS of snakes, a few beardies, a chameleon or two, and a good variety of crested geckos.
While I was looking at the cresties I couldn't help but notice my boyfriend eyeing something. Then walk over.
Funny story, out of everything in that whole expo my boyfriend wanted only one thing and wouldn't leave without it.
He fell in absolute love with the leopard geckos! He found them absolutely amazing and demanded I buy a tank so he could bring one home.

:) I couldn't refuse! So we went ahead a bought a 10gal, some slate, and the red bulb I needed. Everything else I already have extras of.
Pictures coming soon.

Oh, and Alex decided he wanted to call his new pal "Jim Lahey"

wtbullins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wiiiroc, are you in Raleigh, NC? just wondering...I am in Raleigh and went to a reptile expo today as well

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
small world

I (well my oldest son) has a leopard gecko. You can see her (lizzie) in other pets. Anyways, she is 17 years old.

Good luck with your new addition.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got 2 from Gina!!! Mine are the most beautiful things!! I was just thinking tonight I should tell Gina again how pretty I think they are.My spotted one had just her head sticking out of her hide and her face and markings and eyes were just stunning. I had to pick her up and look her over again. She is just really THAT pretty!!! Her tail is quite pretty too. I try to handle them just a little bit each day. They don't like to be held but are used to me doing it so they are quite tame.

Enjoy!!! I think they are the easiest things to care for too!!

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I live in Canada ;D
I'm very happy with the new addition. I wasn't sure of leopard geckos before but this little hatchling has a gorgeous personality!
I will attempt to get pictures in the AM, the new leo is extremely skiddish.

Leo's are very strange to me.. just because of the fact that I have a few geckos that like it cold. I can understand.. they need high humidity and moisture to keep their skin from drying out. But leos are different.. they like high heat and only a humid box.. It just doesn't make much sense to me. But I think that's why I've grown so fond of the little guy already ;D
He's just so cool.

PS.
I will need assistance to determine his colour morphs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol... That might take some... There are hundreds of "color morphs" with the Leos.
I'm tickled that you and yours have found leos to be charming... I'd have to agree... with 9 of my own ;)
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have 2 leos as well and they are great! Congrats on your new addition.

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here's Jim!!

IMGP1813.jpg

IMGP1815.jpg

IMGP1810.jpg

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awwee thanks you guys!
I think the tail needs to fatten up a bit, but other that that I adore this leo. Just so bright and wonderful.

Latest posts